On 11-13 June 2019, the capital of Finland is hosting the joint HIMSS & Health 2.0 European Conference. The event will gather HIMSS’ knowledge, expertise and thought leadership in healthcare digitisation and Health 2.0’s network of entrepreneurs and investors, showcasing the latest cutting edge and innovative health tech solutions and providing a platform which will offer guidance and a roadmap based on future trends, with the common goal of improving healthcare through information and technology together.
The main objective of the conference will be, in fact, to connect professionals in the healthcare sector and the digital health start-up ecosystem. The event will feature world-class speakers who will address the hottest topics in digital health today.
Key topics of the event will be:
- HEALTH & CARE: integrating health & social care
- AGEING: enabling the shift from acute to community-based care
- DATA: promoting a secure, ethical and actionable flow of data
- AI: what can AI deliver today & what are we really ready for?
- INNOVATION: opportunities and challenges of opening innovation
MHMD will be represented by Mirko De Maldé, COO of Lynkeus (PC), who will be the moderator of two sessions:
- the workshop PLAYING WITH BLOCKCHAIN (June 11, 13:30 – 16:30, Room 207): a hands-on workshop for the 99,99% of us who still don’t understand, after many explanations, what the buzz is all about;
- the session BLOCKCHAIN: TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK? (June 13, 10:45 – 12:15, Room 103 b): a session discussing the impact of blockchain on the healthcare industry, and its potential to answer crucial challenges such as data security, accessibility, transparency, interoperability and privacy.
The three-day event is supported and organised in partnership with a number of Finnish organisations, including: The Finnish Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, SITRA (The Finnish Innovation Fund), Business Finland, The City of Helsinki, The University of Helsinki, The Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa (HUS), Oulu Health, Turku Science Park and Messukeskus Helsinki, Expo and Convention Centre.